Sunday, March 18, 2012

4 months, more growth

It has been a month since I posted. The boy has been receiving Genotropin for 4 months now. We measured him on the 12th of the month. His current mark is close to another inch higher than the one from last month. The same non scientific disclaimer goes. A squirmy boy with his back to the door isn't scientific. The Dr's office with its super fancy deal that folds out from the scale, well now that's the hallmark of precision. All joking aside the boy has continued to grow. He is much taller. He seems very healthy. He has actually cycled out of the illness he had when I last posted and he was sneezing today. It is allergy season so I'm hoping that is what he has. He coughed on me a month ago and I still haven't recovered. The months have flown. I'm anxious to get the blood work done to see if the levels are stabilizing. I've taken the cowards way out and I give the boy his shot after he goes to sleep most of the time. It is lame and I can't continue to do that. I have to rotate the sites of the injections. It is pretty tough to find any fat on the boy to use for the injection. He has grown. The boy that I will drop off at school tomorrow is not the same boy I dropped off in November. That "baby" boy has been replaced with a boy. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. His face is skinny, his whole self is skinny, and his features are emerging. He is handsome. He is still the funniest boy. Today, out of the blue, he sings "I feel a celebration coming on". I wonder what the boy plans on celebrating. Maybe he was just vocalizing what I feel when I see he and his sister every day. Time to hang my close on this line..C..L..O..S..E.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! How tall is he now?? That's fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was unofficially 41 inches. I think he is even taller now. He is really sprouting.

    ReplyDelete