Friday, November 25, 2011

Second week, second post

It has been two weeks since we started our boy on Genotropin. I still don't like the actual giving of the shots. I doubt that ever really gets better. We rotate the butt, thigh and stomach. I usually give the shot and my wife holds him. We have found that the stomach seems to be the best. I would have thought that it would be the worst. I guess that shows what I know. If I knew anything about what to expect I wouldn't be writing it all down. We have given two weeks of shots and the boy isn't a giant. I don't expect to see instant results. Hey I'd take them, but it won't happen. We had a 4 year old boy over as part of our Thanksgiving celebration. An 18 month old also came. Our 4 year old boy was much closer in size to the year and a half year old. It was a great example of why we are giving him the shots. I'm a rudderless ship, though. I really don't know what to expect and I'm nervous. I hope the shots are not something that we/he will have to do for the rest of days. That is intimidating to think about. We haven't seen any real side effects. The boy has had diarrhea for the past week. I attribute that to a flu like bug from his preschool. He hasn't had any other reactions. That is good, I think. I don't feel sad when I see my boy. I did feel "sorry" for him on Thanksgiving. He was so much smaller than the kid his age. He was so much smaller. Not just in stature but his development is way behind too. Our boy still looks like a baby. It is a tough time. Feeling sorry for my boy isn't what I want. He is well adjusted, though. He is spoiled, and you know what he always will be. I can't apologize for that. I just was surprised by how I felt when I saw him interacting with a kid his age. Well, not much to report for week 2. I will hang my close on this line. Hey Mom, (Love ya).

No comments:

Post a Comment