Friday, December 2, 2011

Third Week, third post

We have been been giving .7 doses of Genotropin to our boy for three weeks now. It has become as natural as giving shots to a 4 year boy can be. He sees me with the pen and says "no, not tonight". The boy has a way of conveying sadness and pain that is hardwired to my heart. He hasn't shown any side effects. He does fall asleep holding his head. Headaches are a side effect that we were warned about. He hasn't vocalized that he has a headache, but does a 4 year old really know how to vocalize that? The medication and the giving of shots is so strange for me. I'm not "afraid" of needles. I am very uncomfortable around them. The Pfizer pen is nice enough. I just wish there was a different way of providing the medication. A tasty lollipop comes to mind! My wife says it seems that the boy is growing. I learned long ago to not argue with a woman's intuition. That goes double for a mother and her child. I hope he has grown. I will trust that my wife's innate ability is correct and the medication is working, and will continue to work. I will hang my close on this line. Love ya, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment