Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 4

The fourth week of Genotropin shots comes to an end tonight. My son has been a trooper and his sense of humor is priceless. Our nightly routine is to take a bath, read a story in his room with his mommy and sister, and get a shot when the story is over. I'm usually doing the dishes and I go in after I'm finished. The other night the three of them were having a great time hanging out on his bed. I walked into his room and he said "Daddy you aren't my friend". The boy doesn't like getting shots. Who would? He doesn't cry he just finds things to say that communicate his feelings. I guess I'm not his friend if I have to give him a shot every night. The routine has become just that, routine. We are getting it down. This is where the unknown comes in. Have the shots had any effect? Are we doing this right? All the second guessing and doubts are difficult to deal with. We don't have a Dr. appointment until mid January. My wife has decided that we will measure the boy on the 12th of every month. The 12th of December is coming soon. I've mentioned before that a Mother's intuition is something I wouldn't dare question, so I will gladly measure the boy Monday. I'm not expecting much. You can't really, but I'm very willing to see that he has experienced a growth "spurt". Growing even a fraction would be a spurt. Well I had better get after my boy. I'm hoping he will let me be his friend again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment