Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Interesting development

My wife was determined to measure the boy on the 12th of every month. We started the injections on 11/12/11 so a calendar month seemed as good a way as any to gauge progress. On November 12 we measured the boy and marked the door to his bedroom with a sharpie. Yesterday we measured him again. The results were very interesting. I'll admit that having a boy stand with his back to the door isn't scientific, I get it. The measurement yesterday was almost an inch taller than the November 12 measurement. If you factor in the significant error factor you still get the idea that the boy grew in the past 4 weeks. My wife was positive that he had grown. I saw the results myself. It is exciting in that it gives me incentive to fight his crying when shot time comes. I know he may have grown without the Genotropin, but I really doubt that. He hadn't grown in over a year. It is pretty cool and exciting news. I'm not going to think he will grow an inch a month, but that would be cool. I figure if he grew an inch a month he would still be close to a foot behind other 5 year old kids on his 5th birthday. He may be behind, but closer! He has not said I'm not his friend again. He does cry when he gets the shot. Guess what? I cry a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment