Friday, January 20, 2012

Another week has come and gone

The boy is getting ready for a trip to the Dr. He has been taking his .7 shots of Genotropin since November 12. He has grown. He is much taller than he was in November. He is also so skinny! Not a problem, just an observation. I've mentioned that he doesn't really look like a baby anymore. He also climbed into his car seat by himself for the first time this week. I guess this all could be coincidence, but it isn't. He has grown because of the injections. The boy had to have blood work done earlier for the appointment next week. I'm guessing they will check his levels of growth hormone and thyroid. The boy has to take thyroxin in the morning and the genotropin shot at night. I'm sure he will have to take maintenance doses for...ever. I hope not. It is hard to find fat on the boy to give his shot. He has been very good about taking the shots. The ride has been very interesting. The Genotropin has done exactly what I had hoped it would do. The boy shot up close to two inches in two months. My dream would be that his levels in his blood are good and the shots are thing of the past. That is what I'm hoping for. It may be too much to ask. Remember, with this boy expect to have your expectations exceeded. I'll update as soon as I can after the appointment. I'll hang my close on this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment