Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another measurement, another surprise!

We started the Genotropin shots on November 12th. Today we measured the boy again. He grew another inch, or close to it. He is wiggly and it is hard to get him to stand up next to the door, but the distance between the December 12th mark and today is the same distance as the mark between the November and December measurements. He has grown. Exactly how much who knows. Who cares? The shots seem to have kick started the boy. He is taller. He has always been the cutest kid, but now he looks more like a little boy and less like a baby. I will miss my baby boy but I am excited to see that he is growing and blossoming. The downside to his growth is the boy is suffering from growing pains. He wakes up saying owee, owee. I ask him what hurts and he points to his knees and elbows. I don't remember my arms aching, but my legs hurt when I hit the growth spurt between 7th and 8th grade. Because it hurts he doesn't sleep as well as he used to. He has to get up at 6 to get to pre school by 6:30. He has torturous days! He used to sleep from 7 until 6 but now he is still antsy and awake up to and past 9. That doesn't bode well. I think that is manageable, though. He had blood drawn this week, and we have an appointment later this month. We shall see. Exciting to see the growth continue. The boy is much taller than he was on November 12. It can't be coincidence. An inch a month seems like a ton. I'm sure he is in pain. Hopefully he will get caught up and the shots will be a thing of the past. Better hang my close on this line.

No comments:

Post a Comment